Public Talks & Meetings
The Conservation of Bellmanpark Limekilns
Talk by Jane Entwistle BSc (Hons) CEng FIStructE MICE
CCS’s Bellmanpark Limekilns Project Group (BLPG) has worked closely with Hanson Management and co-ordinated a successful bid to Historic England which was confirmed in September 2018. Following a competitive tender exercise overseen by BLBG and Hanson, in February 2019 Conservation Engineers, Thomasson, were appointed by Hanson Cement, and with the assistance of the Major Grant from Historic England (HE). This to undertake urgent investigations and Repair works to the limekilns which are now on HE’s Buildings at Risk Register. The Scope of the work envisaged as set out in HE’s Grant Award is:
Rebuilding of collapsed sections of the internal kiln walls,
Removal of corroding cast iron collars at the kiln bases,
Propping of deformed brickwork in vaulting,
Repair to loose brickwork in tunnels.
Jane Entwistle is project leader for this work.
For the foreseeable future, all meetings and presentations will be via Zoom.
The meeting is scheduled to start at 7.30pm, and the Zoom facility will be opened at 7.15pm to allow time to join and and have a general social chat before the start.
Full members have already been provided with the necessary Zoom access code.
Non-Members Access to Monthly Meetings and Audio/Visual Presentations
Non-members, who may wish to access our meetings are as ever, most welcome to do so. The information below will provide the necessary information:
1. The entry fee for non-members remains at £3.00.
2. Payment can be made in person or by post to: Barbara Alty, (Treasurer) Shaw Cottage, Shawbridge Street, Clitheroe, BB7 1LZ. firstname.lastname@example.org Cash, or cheque made payable to “Clitheroe Civic Society” are both acceptable.
3. Place cash or cheque in an envelope and print name and email address on the outside of the envelope.
4. Payment can be made by bank transfer. Please contact Barbara Alty who will provide details.
5. If using method 4, please send an email to confirm that payment has been made to: email@example.com
When payment has been made, the log-in details to enable the non-member to join a single meeting/presentation will be provided via email. Please make sure that you have downloaded the necessary Zoom application on your computer, smartphone or tablet. The best option will be to use a device that is fitted with a camera to enable full interaction with all other members and non-members attending the meeting/presentation.
More News & Events...