Public Talks & Meetings
The History of Clitheroe Royal Grammar School
Clitheroe Royal Grammar School is a co-educational grammar school. Formerly an all-boys school, it was founded in 1554 as "The Free Grammar School of King Philip and Queen Mary" "for the education, instruction and learning of boys and young men in grammar; to be and to continue for ever."
For the foreseeable future, all meetings and presentations will be via Zoom.
The meeting is scheduled to start at 7.30pm, and the Zoom facility will be opened at 7.15pm to allow time to join and and have a general social chat before the start.
Full members have already been provided with the necessary Zoom access code.
Non-Members Access to Monthly Meetings and Audio/Visual Presentations
Non-members, who may wish to access our meetings are as ever, most welcome to do so. The information below will provide the necessary information:
1. The entry fee for non-members remains at £3.00.
2. Payment can be made in person or by post to: Barbara Alty, (Treasurer) Shaw Cottage, Shawbridge Street, Clitheroe, BB7 1LZ. email@example.com Cash, or cheque made payable to “Clitheroe Civic Society” are both acceptable.
3. Place cash or cheque in an envelope and print name and email address on the outside of the envelope.
4. Payment can be made by bank transfer. Please contact Barbara Alty who will provide details.
5. If using method 4, please send an email to confirm that payment has been made to: firstname.lastname@example.org
When payment has been made, the log-in details to enable the non-member to join a single meeting/presentation will be provided via email. Please make sure that you have downloaded the necessary Zoom application on your computer, smartphone or tablet. The best option will be to use a device that is fitted with a camera to enable full interaction with all other members and non-members attending the meeting/presentation.
More Talks & Meetings...